Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hormones!!

If it is any indication, I am sitting in front of the computer eating Butter Pecan ice cream straight out of the container. Last night I finished the book-based family movie "Where the Red Fern Grows" and wept inconsolably for five minutes after the dogs died. (I should have known better -- I cried when I read the book in 4th grade.) I wake up full of ideas and have the energy to complete maybe half of one idea. (This includes charging the camera batteries -- sorry grandmas and grandpas out there, no pictures today!) It's like my hormones are repeating exactly the same pattern as in early pregnancy. I did make it to the grocery store this afternoon. I think I mainly got it done because I knew I would be purchasing this ice cream. And what delicious ice cream it is! Pause for a bite.

Baby girl is napping. Husband is in the garage working on his bicycle while our crazy dog "assists." Napping was still the theme this week for baby girl. She just does not like to doze off at my office. I'm contemplating a wacky schedule where I go into the office between 6 and 8am to work on projects, come home and hang with baby girl during the day, then see clients after 5pm, when possible. We'd still go into work in the afternoons when needed, but that way she could get her sleep. I just feel like a torture artist when we go to work, she doesn't sleep, and by 6pm she is a complete wreck of a munchkin. So tired she can't see straight, but unable to go down for the night at that time. It's a work in progress!

When I get the camera batteries charged, I will post some updated 15 week pictures of our little love monkey. She is nearing the 4 month mark. It is so hard to believe! So hard to believe she has to go in again for SHOTS in the next couple of weeks. If my emotions are still in this state, it will be a big mess for the whole family. I watched a baby get shots on TV the other day and burst into tears...PTSD.

Until the batteries are charged...

No comments:

Post a Comment