Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Blogger Goddess, I am Not.

I know some very, very talented Blogger Goddesses. Some are creative, some are straightforward. Some are activists, others just journal their daily thoughts. Some are sweet, share recipes, the Gospel, photos of their kitchens, photos of their pets, their kids, the excellent bottle of wine they had last night... And some are truly great writers-- a treat to read. Some are prolific writers-- you have to slog through the details to get the point. But all Blogger Goddesses, to claim the title, actually write. All the time. Nearly everyday. And if not everyday, at least three times a week. They have stamina, they have discipline, and they are out there on the web, grinding it out, even if it means a post at 11 pm after their evening abdominal crunches. I admire these women and their determination, but a Blogger Goddess I am not.

For Blogger Goddess examples see:
www.anewdayrises.wordpress.com
www.blessingsandglory.wordpress.com

The chances of me getting to Blogger Goddess level are nil. For example, my baby girl just woke up from her nap, a bit early. I am struggling to keep writing while she bounces in her Jumperoo. It just doesn't seem like I should keep writing now for some reason. I'm too easily distracted! Gotta keep my eye on the prize. A completed blog post. Go, go, go.

I think I will copy Blogger Goddess numero uno -- my friend Andrea from the aforementioned "A New Day Rises" blog -- and share a list of things that have been making my days brighter lately, in no particular order.

Bergamot. Bergamot makes my day brighter. My dear friend Melissa bought me some Caldrea Cypress Bergamot soap and lotion for Christmas. If she would have bought just the soap, I would be in trouble because my hands would be so dry from overwashing. It smells so spicy and delicious. Also have been drinking Earl Grey Double Bergamot black tea. So, there, Bergamot is the first thing to mention. Also note:

Snuggling with my baby in bed.
Watching her learn new things.
Making baby food.
Kissing her little neck, feet and hands--and the occasional open-mouthed, sloppy baby kiss in return.
The smell of rain in the air.
Cozy slippers.
Not having to leave the house Monday mornings.
Oatmeal cookies.
Bookstores.
Craft stores.
Coffee dates. Where I usually get a Chai Latte, not coffee. So I guess that is a Chai date.
Netflix Watch Instantly feature.
Fancy cleaning products.
Fancy list paper.
Fancy anything that will motivate me to do things I normally shy away from.
Long, uninterrupted showers. A rarity!
Neighborhood walks.
Grocery shopping.

Seeing my husband get home from marathon training, all bright and excited. And a little limpy. (Twenty mile run last weekend around Green Lake in Seattle. TWENTY MILES and the kid has only been training since late fall. He's a natural, I tell you.)

Text messages. Especially funny random ones.
Pandora. Thank you figuring out a way to remain in existence.
Automatic cat litter box. And when my husband empties it.

My new apron from Anthropologie! It is more like a dress, really. It is one of those fancy motivational tools.

Pearls. Perfume. Gifts from my man.
Anticipation of spring.
Cooking sans recipe.

Reminiscing. Old photos. Looking forward to watching my baby girl experience so many new things. Love, love, love.

Finishing a blog post.

3 comments:

  1. And you say you aren't a good blogger! This is a great post! You are a blogging goddess in disguise. Hope you are enjoying your home office. Cheers!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how happy this made me today! Now to finally up-date my blog. You delight me Lacy! Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a mom. You are a wife. You are a lawyer. You are a friend. YOU ARE A GODDESS!

    ReplyDelete