Saturday, November 7, 2009

Waiting, waiting

Baby girl NEVER takes a long morning nap. And by never, I mean...never! We've been working on enjoying a morning nap for weeks now, but she just seems to enjoy snoozing for half an hour, then waking up to enjoy the rest of what the morning has to offer. Today, when I actually have agreed to be somewhere post-naptime, she is taking a glorious, long siesta. Isn't that the way it seems to always go? My workload has actually picked up quite a bit this week, so naptime is a precious commodity for getting a few things done. I soothed, shushed, rocked, snuggled and loved that baby to bits in the hope that she would settle in for some long naps all week long. However, no matter the time of day, little Miss decided she preferred being awake to asleep and that was that. So, here comes the day when I am counting on her little mini-nap and (insert sigh and motherly head shake here), alas, the nap goes on and on. I'm actually pretty tempted to run around the house being careless with my noisemaking. Flush the toilet a few times, move some furniture around, talk on the phone in my not-so-quiet voice...anything that I normally do with care while I hope that she stays asleep for those few extra precious minutes. The time she spends asleep is not only essential for my ability to accomplish little tasks, but it is so, so good for her little growing brain and body. After a good nap, she is just the smilingest, happiest thing. So I guess we will be late to our meeting, but we will be in a good mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment