Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hurray for Fall

Today is the first day of fall. Some people are winter/summer people, craving the extreme heat and cold. They like to snow ski, and they like to water ski. I, on the other hand, am a spring/fall lover. (Probably because my sense of balance makes it difficult for me to enjoy these fun summer/winter pastimes.) I prefer the transitional seasons because they are so optimistic. Fall brings cooler weather, golden leaves, early sunsets, and the anticipation of holidays. Fall is cozy and perfect for curling up with a book and a mug of tea; waiting for those first snow flakes to signal winter has arrived. Fall whispers that winter is right around the corner in a way that winter will never tell us about spring. Spring makes an entrance on its own time, almost in spite of winter. Spring shouts for us to open our windows and air out the cobwebs. Shoots of greenery and wildflowers promise sunny days and warm weather ahead. We all need something to look forward to. I am looking forward to making hearty soups, carving pumpkins, smelling smoke in the air, and introducing my baby girl to one of my favorite seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment